13 April 2009

Meal Plan for the Week

I'm terribly sorry I am late on posting this. It will usually be up by Thursday afternoon, which is my shopping day. Having a house guest for those couple of days threw me off of it, but I am back. I did have a lot of fun though, so maybe you can forgive me for having some fun in the middle of the busiest school week I've had in a long time.

I'll even post the meals we were having last week and weekend so you know what is left in my arsenal:

  • Wednesday Dinner (usually included in the meal plan for the previous/next week): Matzoh Ball Soup
  • Thursday Dinner: Vegan Indian Curry with Quinoa
  • Friday: Crockpot Honey Lentil Soup and a salad with basic vinaigrette
  • Saturday: I had leftovers from the night before, and the Nerd had some salmon Onigiri and salad leftovers because he went out to record a band
  • Sunday: Teriyaki Chicken Donburi
  • Monday: Stirfry Beef and Broccoli(need to use the beef tonight)

What's left:

  • Crockpot Spanish Rice Casserole and Green & Yellow Beans
  • Vegetarian Channa Masala & Brown Rice
  • Red Curry Beef & Brown Rice
Because we had Freezer Food Saturday I now have an extra meal to throw into next week's plan. That will help cut down on cost in the next meal plan. So, with that I can either save up the space for a Costco trip, or I can buy something extra at the store, or I can stock up on something that is on sale. Only time will tell.

I'm really interested in getting involved with the gluten-free menu swap, and I so need to keep on top of this and what the theme food is.

Now back to mine, and your, regularly schedule Monday.

**EDIT** It appears that the menu swap is dead. That's so sad. The last post was in September of last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment