16 April 2009

Meal Plan for the Week

My breakfast this morning

Thursday Dinner:

  • Thai Red Curry Tofu with Mochi for dessert, for our meat eater I will be serving Pan Roasted Sirloin, corn on the cob, and a baked potato.

Friday-Wednesday (No Saturday, possibly no Friday):

  • Lentil Burritos from $5 Dinners
  • Summer rolls and Tom Kha Ga (okay, the soup is canned Thai Kitchen)
  • Crockpot Beef Pho from Crockpot365
  • Grilled Chicken Quesadillas with Black Bean and Corn Salad from Vegweb
  • Steak leftovers with baked potatoes and corn on the cob
  • Pan roasted chicken breast, a delicious vegetable from the farm stand, and brown rice
Shopping list:

  • Chocolate bars (2 for $5)
  • Organic milk $6
  • Sweet Thai Chili Sauce $5
  • Beef Stock $4 (could make this, but not this week)
  • Rotel $3
  • Local Tofu (2) $6
  • Garlic(2) $1
  • Red Bell Pepper $2
  • Cucumber(2) $3
  • Local Sprouts $2
  • Rice wrappers $2
  • Basil $2
  • Local stir fry beef $5
  • Pasture Raised Eggs $5
  • Local Onions(2) $3
  • Local Watercress $2
  • Local Snap Peas $1
  • Local Corn Cobs(4) $4
  • Local Carrots(2 bunches) $4
  • Bibb Lettuce $2
  • Local Romaine $2
  • Local Avocado $2
  • Local Lime $1
  • Local Spinach(2) $4
  • Local Delicious vegetable $2
  • Local Cherry Tomatoes $3
  • Local Green Onions $1
  • Local top sirloin steak $7
From the Onions down to the Cherry Tomatoes are all bought at the farm stand. Prices can fluctuate there, and so can supply. Carrots weren't available last week, but they looked so good when I saw them that I am excited to get my hands on them. I'll see what else I can get there, so I am going to have to get a good deal of cash from the Nerd for the food there.

My estimated total is: $90 out of available $120

With that much room available, I don't feel so scared to go shopping. That room too makes a Costco trip possible soon. I don't promote Costco for all things, but we are running out of toilet paper, and that's the best way to get that here in the islands. There is no locally produced toilet paper.

I'm going to take a peek at the local milk now that it is on sale and they are selling a half gallon now. If the expiration date is far out enough, I'll get that and save 2 dollars more.

Friday night we may be going out to eat with a friend, or she may be coming over here, or we may be going over to her house. If she comes over here I'll serve the Pho or the Pan Roasted Chicken Breast.

Okay, time for me to finish getting ready to head out to the stores. I need to shop earlier today so I can straighten up the house and prepare for dinner tonight.

Have a splendid day!

*EDIT* Exciting news! I bought a box of strawberries at the farm stand and still came in at $80.67! That's nearly $10 under my estimated total. Now I certainly have enough money for Costco!

No comments:

Post a Comment